Divorce mediation helps spouses divorce peacefully
In Pennsylvania, spouses may divorce with help from a divorce mediator— instead of hiring two lawyers to fight in court. Divorce mediation tends to be the most peaceful way to divorce.
Divorce mediation means discussing and deciding divorce terms with help from a mediator. A divorce mediator who is also an attorney can draft necessary legal documents and assist spouses in filing for a divorce decree. In Pennsylvania, husbands and wives may complete their entire mediated divorce in the privacy of their divorce mediator's office.
Parents may find divorce mediation to be especially valuable. Mediated divorce helps fathers and mothers keep the well-being of children as their top priority.
Divorce mediation makes divorce as peaceful as possible
Courtroom lawyers argue. They treat spouses like enemies. Divorce mediators discuss. They treat spouses like cooperators. The difference is clear: Courtroom lawyers do battle. Divorce mediators work for a peaceful divorce.
Unlike lawyers who take you to court, a divorce mediator will:
- Help you discuss all important topics with your spouse
- Provide information to both spouses—so both may make informed decisions
- Work in an impartial manner—never picking sides or favoring one spouse over the other
Divorce mediation room
Unlike many lawyers, a divorce mediator is:
- Committed to out-of-court resolution and agreement
- Eager to help both spouses communicate effectively as they divorce
These special qualities of a divorce mediator make a mediated divorce peaceful—as peaceful as possible.
Divorce mediation room
Even under difficult circumstances, peaceful divorce is possible. Discussions with a knowledgeable and experienced divorce mediator often lead to a peaceful outcome. In fact, 9 in 10 parents who try divorce mediation reach full agreement on divorce terms.
Benefits of peaceful divorce
A mediated divorce can benefit spouses and families in many ways:
- Costs less than other ways to divorce: Sharing the fees of a divorce mediator costs less—often thousands of dollars less—than other ways to divorce. Divorce mediation: How much does it cost?
- Positive relationship going forward: Divorce mediation can maintain—even improve— communication, trust and cooperation. For parents and children, having a positive co-parenting relationship is especially beneficial.
- Dignified ending to the marital relationship. Peaceful closure is a fitting way to honor an important relationship.
- Well-being: Less stress. Fewer tears. Less hassle than fighting in court. More time to heal.
Is divorce mediation right for your divorce?
Consider sharing this website with your spouse. If both of you are interested in divorce mediation for your divorce, the next step is to schedule an initial consultation at one of my offices:
- 52 S Duke St, York PA 17401
- 235 N Duke St, Lancaster PA 17602
- Content updated 2016-05-31
- Copyright © 2010-2016, Dann Johns, All Rights Reserved.